By D. Jeremy DeMar, RPL, ENP, COML – NJTI Chair for APCO
Use the “APCO/NENA ANS” Standard for TERT to answer the following questions.
- For this program (TERT) to be successful, it must be recognized by federal, state, local and ________________.
- PSAPs, specifically their _________________, are critical for the safety and security of the public.
- Identify the following acronyms:
- The requesting PSAP must initiate activation by providing the ______________________ so the most appropriate team may be assembled. The Requesting PSAP is also responsible for assuring that _____________________________ are utilized in an appropriate manner.
- The deployed TERT Team should assure their members are able to be self-sufficient for at least ______________ when deploying to major disaster scenes, but the Team shall meet the requirements of the __________________________.
- Which form is used to track the daily activities of a deployed TERT?
- Under NIMS (National Incident Management System), if as the TERT State Coordinator, I was asked to coordinate a Type III Communications Resource Taskforce Response, how many Team Leaders would I need to assign? How many telecommunicators?Bonus question: What EMD certification is required for TERT Team Membership?
- True or False:The Hepatitis A vaccination is recommended for all first responders working on situations in the United States.
- True or False: If TERT personnel are concerned about safety in a deployed area, personal firearms may be carried during a deployment.
- The PSAP Manager has three (3) methods of initiating a TERT activation. The PSAP Manager should choose the contact method that is most appropriate for the circumstances. What three (3) methods/resources could be contacted?
1 – Tribal EMA
2 – personnel
3 – Critical Incident Stress Management, Emergency Management Assistance Compact, Authority having jurisdiction, National Integration Center
4 – appropriate information, responding team members
5 – 72 hours, EMAC Mission Order
6- B ICS214
7- 1, 28
Bonus – EMD Certification is not required to participate in TERT
8 – False
9- False, you will never knowingly be deployed into an area deemed criminally unsafe by local law enforcement personnel. Firearms should never be carried with you on a deployment
10 – Local EMA or, State EMA, or other designated officials